viernes, 29 de agosto de 2014

Sociology. Why did I choose my career?

I am currently coursing my first year of university. I am studying Sociology at the University of Chile. 
When a year ago I was preparing the PSU I was not very sure of what career I wanted to study but I did know about my interests in social affairs. 
My first option was Political Science. Considering that I was not very convinced, I talked with some friends that were currently studying Social Sciences, Humanities, and Political Science to get to know more about the possible careers that I may be interested in, and finnally I decided to try Sociology because I liked the utility and usage that you can get to do with social investigation, and that you can generate some necessary and useful knowledge for social and political issues. I also wanted to enter the University of Chile because it has a large prestige and trajectory in Social Sciences and, how best than in JGM!  because I live just a few blocks away.
I don't have a plan for my future but I would defenitely like to work for an ONG, specially if it's about Latin American or National concerns.

2 comentarios: